Here was the view from our front porch this morning.
Mother Nature’s quite the trickster, isn’t she? Now, if this had come in, say, February or even mid-March, no problem. But in April? Sigh.
All right. In the spirit of my blog friends who celebrate Three Things Thursday, where they share three things they are grateful for, I’m going to celebrate Six for Saturday.
- We only got four or so inches of snow rather than the twelve predicted. This is something to be wildly grateful for because this April 1 snow is wet and very heavy. There’s a good chance that twelve inches would have knocked the power out in many central Maine homes, including ours.
- It’s pretty. The snow clinging to the trees makes our yard and road look like a winter wonderland. Even if it is technically spring and April 1 to boot. But wait. Here I am, sliding into ungratefulness. How easy is the slide.
- We are warm and snug in our home, and Clif and I will be making bean soup this afternoon in preparation for friends who are coming over tomorrow.
- The mud and grit outside are temporarily covered, which means we don’t track in much when we go in and out of the house.
- We have four more seasons to go of the television series The Walking Dead, my newest obsession.
- My blog friends from Fernwood Nursery sent me a book—many thanks!—and this will be the perfect afternoon to read it.
Despite the snow, there is much to be grateful for.